Sign Up Is Officially Open!!!
I am so excited to start as I think about what this will mean to me emotionally and physically. My goal is to get moving again, moving for me.
I have shared with a few people what “EvoLve You” is and now I am sharing it will everyone!
January 12th will be the start of Evolve You.
Here are a few questions answered:
What is EvoLve You?
It is a safe environment for anyone with anxiety related to exercise.
Who can join?
Anyone that wants to participate in a supportive and positive group.
What is anxiety related to exercise?
Anxiety is not a one size fits all. Here are a few examples:
- a) Some people will find a large gym intimidating due to it’s general size, feeling judged by others, not confident in how to use equipment and many more reasons.
- b) Some people will find it difficult to keep up with the levels of fitness in group classes because of physical limitations, health concerns and lack of coordination (I am all three).
- c) Commitment is a big obstacle. The obstacle that limits us before we even begin. How am I going to feel tomorrow when I am supposed to work out? I am having a good day today but what if I have a bad day tomorrow? If I don’t sleep well again tomorrow I can’t work out, I don’t want to sign up for something that I know I wont be able to fulfill every week.
- d) Expectations we put on ourselves. I don’t look like I have a health condition and therefore people will think I should be able to perform better, therefore, I will push myself more and continue to expect more than I should and be let down. To lose the extra weight, to fit those old favorite jeans or whatever makes you upset when you think about 5 or 10 years ago how much different you looked and felt.
- e) Vulnerability! I can write about this for pages!
- f) “Safety Behaviours” Patterns that we have created that allow us to avoid any anxiety related triggers that we have associated with exercise in the past. “I can’t go there, I felt anxious there before and I know I will again”
With the EvoLve You program, the gym is small and will only hold our group. I myself am waiting on a pacemaker but still am able to perform monitored low intensity exercise, so if I need to sit and stretch for 10 minutes to bring my heart rate down… that is exactly what I will do, this shouldn’t stop me and it wont! There will be NO weigh ins or pre/post pictures as the goal is just to begin our exercise journey, to move, stretch, weight train and start to feel better about ourselves.
What will it offer you?
- 2 work outs per week directed by a certified personal trainer. Private to only us.
- 2 additional local adventures per month (yoga, spin class, outdoor activities etc.)
- small group of amazing participants
- Facebook page offering support, recipes and fun weekly updates!
- Information/education about other health practices that can assist you on your journey.
- Gear up night! All together we will attend Front Runners to receive all the information about what gear we need. They even will help us pick the perfect running shoe specifically for you!
- And much more!
“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy-the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” – Brené Brown
Any questions regarding this program message Andrea Marshall from our contact us page or email me firstname.lastname@example.org.