High protein breakfasts and snacks are invaluable for any diet plan. These muffins are great to have on hand when you get hungry and are looking for a quick healthy option.
High Protein Yam and Blueberry Muffins
- 1.5 cups Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 whole Small yam pealed and cooked (till soft)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt choose as low sugar as possible
- 2 whole large eggs
- 2 servings vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- .5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Add oats to a food processor and blend until the oats become flour (30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on the processor)
- 3. Boil peeled yam for 10-20 minutes until easily pierced by a fork. If you cut the yam into chunks first it will speed up the cooking process and make easier for blending.
- 4. Add cooked yam and all other ingredients except the blueberries to the processor and blend until smooth. The mix should be thick, if it is to runny add a small amount of flour.
- 5. Transfer to a bowl and add blueberries. Gently mix with a spoon. Add mix to a greased muffin tin. Fill each slot 3/4 full.
- 6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.