This easy recipe takes very little time to make. If you let the beef marinate overnight, the taste is that much better!
Easy Beef Fajitas
Easy beef fajitas that can be made on a single baking sheet
- 2 lbs Beef steak (sirloin)
- whole red pepper
- whole green pepper
- whole yellow pepper
- whole onion large
- Cilantro optional
- .25 cup lime juice
- .5 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8-10 flour or corn tortillas
- marinated red onions
- lime wedges
- Toppings: Sour cream, avocado slices, guacamole, diced tomatoes, mexican cheese (all toppings are optional)
- 1. In a container or baking dish mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the beef into the marinade, cover or seal and refridgerate for a minimum of 30 minutes but preferably 24 hours.
- 2. Remove the beef from the marinade and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes prior to cooking.
- 3. Place the oven racks in the top 1/3 and lower 1/3 of the oven. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or line with foil for easier cleanup (make sure to spray the foil with cooking spray)
- 5. Cut peppers and onion, add to a large bowl with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- 6. Spread the vegetables on pan in an even layer. Place in preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- 7. Remove pan from the oven, push vegetable mixture to one side. Add beef in an even layer on the remaining side. Broil until steak is browned and cooked, about 5 minutes.
- 8. Serve with warm tortillas, chopped cilantro, or any other topping of your liking
*Calories do not include any of the toppings or tortillas. You can also use homemade flatbread! Protein: 37g Carbohydrates: 27g Fat: 13g Potassium: 921mg Iron: 4.4 mg